We drink water when we are thirsty, that’s very natural. But do you know drinking water does a lot more than simply quenching the thirst? The list of benefits of drinking water is fairly long. Often we don’t think about it as we guzzle down a glass of cool water to soothe our parched throats on a typical hot day. Go on and read some of the benefits listed here and remember them as you head for your next glass of H2O.
- Drinking water increases energy levels & rejuvenates. Next time you experience mild fatigue, kick it with a glass of cool water.
- It is absolutely essential for our survival. A person can survive without food for about a month but less than a week without water.
- Water helps maintain a healthy body weight by regulating appetite. Water helps in the digestion process and contributes to the overall health by flushing out waste and any disease causing bacteria.
- Water naturally moisturizes the skin making it supple, healthy and glowing.
- Drinking enough water can prevent headaches. Drinking water is also known to reduce the risk of certain cancers.